Tuesday, March 17, 2009

legend of the leprechaun


Happy St Patrick's Day! 
Dropping the kids off at school today I noticed the rooms had been ransacked by wee little leprechauns. It was exciting. 
Then when I picked Tomás up he sat behind me in the van and started a serious conversation.
"Mama, I don't think the leprechaun was real. The foot prints were bigger than mine and a leprechaun's foot would be just half mine. And a baby leprechaun would be half of that. And the foot print was just paint, it wasn't on the carpet at all, just the floor. There were some prints on our desks but just one on a desk, a leprechaun would leave about 10 on the desks if it was real."
I tried very hard to keep the magic alive but he just wasn't buying it. He did admit that he had a fun day and enjoyed the chocolate coins left in his desk.

Then on to pick up Emma....right away she said "the foot prints were pretend."

Later on she told Nana that "the Irish man left a mess in the classroom."

Finally, putting Tomás to bed tonight he asked if next year we could try and catch the leprechaun. He only wants to catch him long enough to feel him and see he's gold, then he'll let him go. We could use the gold!

No comments: